November 12, 2008 by Alexander
Iran has successfully test-fired a new generation of surface-to-surface missile that uses solid fuel and has a range of 1,200 miles, making it more accurate than its predecessors, the defense minister announced Wednesday. In other words, targeting Tel Aviv will be more accurate.
October 8, 2008 by Alexander
”Their economy is collapsing… the reason for their defeat is that they have abandoned faith in God and piety…God willing, a global government of justice will be set up with the resistance of Iranian people as the flag-bearers (of the movement) led by Imam Mahdi.” Ahmadinejad said in a televised speech in the northeastern city of Bojnurd.
This man is very dangerous. Remember, Ahmadinejad is a devotee of the Mahdi, the 12th imam of Shiite Islam, who Shiites believe disappeared more than 1,000 years ago and who will return one day to bring an apocalypse. I find it interesting that Ahmadinejad does not bring up the current economic state of his own country. It is the worst is has ever been - does this mean Iranians are abandoning Islam?
What Wall Street experienced is a classic case of greed. Even to an atheist, this would be considered wrong. Why would anyone want to bailout a bunch of New York Manhattan millionaires for $700 Billion who all deserve to lose their job for making horrible business decisions?
September 30, 2008 by Alexander
From China Confidential
Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei may no longer be so supreme.
The turbaned tyrant is losing power to the mullahocracy’s maniac-in-chief, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and the Revolutionary Guards.
In fact, if the trend continues, Iran will be a mullahocracy in name only. Instead of a clerical fascist country, it will simply be fascist–with clerical backing.
So say a growing number of analysts, including some who have followed developments in Iran since the 1979 Islamic overthrow of the pro-American Shah, a modernizing monarch.
From a Western perspective, the suspected power shift is ominous. The Revolutionary Guards are even more militant than most of the mullahs–and more adventurous in terms of foreign policy. They are bent on developing nuclear weapons–and intercontinental ballistic missiles–with the aim of destroying Israel and driving the United States from the Middle East. Some members of Ahmadinejad’s inner circle actually believe that Iran can destroy the US, too, with a nuclear electromagnetic pulse attack.
September 29, 2008 by Alexander
These extremists aren’t often invited to CNN headquarters. But when it comes to Holocaust denier and anti-Semite Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who appeared Sept. 23 on Larry King Live, we do know the answer. The handshake he received after the interview was quite warm, conveying to millions of viewers a subtle but powerful message about the acceptability of his extreme opinions. The platform offered was hospitable and virtually unhindered, in line with Larry King’s typical style.
Amil Imani brings up questions Larry King did not ask.
When Mr. King asked him about his statement last year that there are no homosexuals in Iran, Ahmadinejad replied, that it is not the way it is here. It’s disliked in Iran. Then he asked Mr. King if he were concerned for 70 million Iranian people or a few homosexuals.
Mr. King should have asked how many homosexuals he has hanged this year and instead of asking him how many children he has, he should have asked him how many children he has hanged in the four years he’s been in office.
Mr. King missed an opportunity to ask him why he is so interested in securing Palestinian rights, while he is denying such rights to the Iranians. Why does he want a referendum for the Palestinian people to decide their own destiny, while he refuses the same to 7o million desperate and unhappy Iranians.
* Mr. King never asked why the Islamic Republic has been denying and violating a long-suffering people of all its human rights. They are guilty of beating, imprisoning and torturing hundreds of women who braved participating in a peaceful demonstration pleading for equal family rights, on the recent International Day of Women. This regime has systematically beaten, imprisoned, and tortured all manner of citizens, from school teachers to students to union workers, for daring to raise their voices against the plight to which they have subjected them.
* Mr. King never asked about an Islamic regime that has savagely beaten and hauled to its dungeons of torture and death over a thousand of the tens of thousands of teachers who last year gathered in front of the parliament requesting nothing more than their back pay and living wages.
* He never asked why they have directed systematic genocidal measures against all non-Shi’a religious minorities, with Baha’is as their prime target. They arrest some Christians — whom even their Quran calls “People of the Book” — for observing Christmas.
* He never asked why they have implemented barbaric practices of stoning, hanging and amputations for those who are convicted of crimes in their kangaroo courts without any due process. They even imprison those few lawyers who rise in the defense of the innocent.
* He never asked why they have plundered, mismanaged and doled out Iran’s national wealth with the result that the great majority of the people are living in poverty. They have forced the Iranian women into prostitution to survive or simply are sold as sex slaves in Persian Gulf states.
* He never asked why they spend a fortune on the nuclear program that they claim is only aimed for peaceful purposes, while turning Iran into little more than a gas station nation, with its precious oil wealth squandered and its facilities on the verge of collapse through neglect. They have created a suffocating social atmosphere that has driven masses of the people to the use of hard drugs as a way of numbing their pain.
* He never asked why they look far and wide to support any and all terrorists. The Islamic Republic’s delusional theology mandates the creation of horrific conditions in the world so that the Hidden Imam is compelled to appear and establish his rule.
* He never asked why they spared no efforts at sabotaging any settlement between the Palestinians and Israelis. They arm and train all Palestinian factions such as Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and any and all that come.
* He never asked why they direct similar criminal schemes on their eastern flank, in Afghanistan. They consider any democratic system as the enemy of Islamofascism, and rightfully so. They have worked ceaselessly to expand Iran’s stolen funds, and do all they can in support of Shi’a co-fascists Hezbollah in Lebanon.
Larry King has assured himself a steady supply of celebrity interviewees with his non-confrontational format, but applying this approach to Ahmadinejad reflects a lack of news judgement by CNN. It will now be more difficult to oust this regime
September 23, 2008 by Alexander
In a blistering speech before the United Nations General Assembly, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad blamed “a few bullying powers” for creating the world’s problems and said the “American empire in the world is reaching the end of its road.”
I can’t believe Larry King let this guy come on. Ridiculous.
August 29, 2008 by Alexander
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said that there are evidence at hand which prove Zionists are behind South Ossetia and Abkhazia events.
“We have information which show Zionists have a role in the South Ossetia and Abkhazia case,” said President Ahmadinejad in an interview with reporters on the sidelines of the 8th Shanghai Cooperation Organization summit.
August 21, 2008 by Alexander
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is calling Israel a “germ of corruption” that will be “removed soon.”
The comments were posted Wednesday on his presidential website. They appear to be part of an effort to defuse criticism by hard-liners over recent remarks made by a high-level official.
Last week, Iranian media quoted Vice President Esfandiar Rahim Mashai as saying Iranians were “friends of all people in the world - even Israelis.”
The comments were rare from a government official in Iran, whose president regularly calls for Israel’s destruction.
August 3, 2008 by Stevoh
I read more in the comments on this blog from the Chomsky and Finkelstein crowd than I do from those who actually understand the bigger picture and what is truly at stake here. Nassrallah, head of the Iranian funded and trained Hezbollah, which is hell bent on the extinction of Israel and at a furthering Iranian regime’s Islamization plan has gone on Iranian State sponsored media outlets defending the Islamist Sudanese Government. All I see are save Darfur stickers all over the place and everyone screaming that the US should be more active in stopping the genocide in Darfur. Well here’s what the other side is saying about those save Darfur stickers.
The US and Israel are already at war with the Iranian regime, and of course Hezbollah. Thus far the battlefield has been contained to Iraq and Lebanon. But make no mistake, the war of ideologies, that of Islamofacism and that of Democracy are diametrically opposed. Nasrallah helps clarify the crazed ideology he practices and as always, he starts with the old Zionist conspiracy argument. Can’t this simple minded over bloated Hitler do any better. Here’s the full article. Made me puke. Sure, It’s the JOOOOOS! fault there is slaughter in Darfur. What’s next? Israel killed Kenny! Oh my G-D!
“Blatant international interference and conspiracies are seeking to strike the elements of power in the Arab and Islamic world,” Secretary General of Lebanese Islamic Resistance Movement, Hezbullah Sayyed Hassan Nasrollah said.
“The world’s interfering in Sudanese affairs has reached a critical level that represents an international plot against that country,” Hezbollah’s Secretary General said during a meeting with a Sudanese delegation Thursday.
“They want to endanger the internal stability in more than one country and region,” Nasrollah said.
He said the major western powers seek to expose different states’ national unity to the dangers of division and disintegration by creating conflicts, wars and ethnic and sectarian strife in some places and political crises in others to serve the interests of America and the Zionist regime.
Nasrollah said Hezbollah firmly supports the Sudanese people and President Omar Hassan al-Bashir, urging them to hold on to their internal unity in defense of their destiny. He also urged the Islamic and Arab nations and governments to confront false allegations.
Nasrallah received Sudanese presidential envoy, Dr. Qutub al-Mahdi and his accompanying delegation, as well as the Hezbollah official in charge of Arab relations, Sheikh Hassan Ezzeddine.
Source: Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcating